So I’ve been playing with the idea of doing a Keto Egg Fast for some time now. I experimented on Dirty Keto + IF last month, and while I still lost weight, I wasn’t too happy with how I felt. I wanted to do a Clean Keto month and I figured an egg fast would be a good way to start.
So first, I read about people’s egg fast experiences, namely from these blogs:
I also stalked #ketoeggfast, and even asked friends on IG about their experiences. I was a little concerned about the 6 tablespoons of butter, because that would put me 500kcal over my daily calorie allowance.
Then I found a Keto Egg Fast guide that calls for only 6 teaspoons of fat. So I decided to make my own Keto Fast rules based on the Keto Egg Fast Guidelines from ketonedbodies.com, mostly because their ratio fits my personal macros and from the FAQs shared by I Breathe, I’m Hungry.
My Personal Egg Fast Rules
My personal Egg Fast rules are a combination of the rules from “
- Eat 6 whole eggs and 6 tsp. of pure fat in the form of butter, coconut oil, olive oil or MCT oil.
- Eat cheese up to 6 oz., but this is just to break the monotony. The focus should be on hard cheese or least processed cheese available.
- Eat even if I’m not hungry.
- Complete my 12:12 fast routine, which means I don’t have to eat within 30 minutes of waking up. (I added this rule after Day 1)
- Stay within my personal SKD macros
- Take my Himalayan Salt Sole with Apple Cider Vinegar, 30 minutes before breaking my fast. (I added this rule after Day 1)
- Continue taking my multivitamins and magnesium supplements.
- Coffee and Tea with Stevia or Monk Fruit is okay.
- Sweeteners should be used in moderation, no more than what I usually use while on Keto.
- No sodas, even zero calorie ones because they trigger my cravings.
- No cream.
- No calorie condiments and spices are okay.
- No hot cocoa because they’re no fun without cream
If you’re interested
Disclaimer: I would like to remind my readers that I am not a medical practitioner, so if you have any special conditions or if you’re taking medications, please consult your Doctor first before attempting to do an egg fast or Keto.